World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Traditional Protestant Episcopal Church

Article Id: WHEBN0004082727
Reproduction Date:

Title: Traditional Protestant Episcopal Church  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Reformed Anglican Church, Episcopal Church, Anglican Orthodox Church, Low church
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Traditional Protestant Episcopal Church

The Traditional Protestant Episcopal Church (TPEC) was a small jurisdiction of the Continuing Anglican Movement. This Christian church body saw itself as maintaining the original doctrine, discipline, and worship of the Protestant Episcopal Church in the United States of America and the evangelical, Protestant, and Reformed faith of historic Anglicanism.

The TPEC, which had one diocese which was named Diocese of the Advent, subscribed to the authority of Holy Scripture and the Thirty-nine Articles of Religion. The 1928 Book of Common Prayer was used and assent was given to the 1954 revision of the Constitution and Canons of the PECUSA. At its inception, the church consisted of twelve congregations, primarily low church "Morning Prayer" parishes, and as many clergy.

In September, 2011, TPEC's Presiding Bishop, Rt. Rev. Charles E. Morley, and Canterbury Chapel in Fairhope, Alabama were received by Presiding Bishop Jerry L. Ogles into the Anglican Orthodox Church.

References

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.